Shall we try for Monday mornings this summer?
it's going to be windy Friday and most people are gone or busy, so whoever wants to sail or paddle, see you at Lost Creek in the morning. Nancy L
So far, the weather looks good for Friday's paddle to Sand. I hope to see some of you at Little Sand Bay, Friday morning, 9 am. Nancy L
I think I'll paddle over to York Island this afternoon (and if the weather looks too dubious, stay along the shore instead). Anyone interested? Give me a call if you are. Nancy L.
Update: obviously, we're not paddling to York today. If the rain lets up for a while, Nancy Moye and I will try to paddle in Bark Bay slough this afternoon.
Sunday the weather looks good, so I'll go over to York on Sunday, and anyone is welcome to join me! The time will depend on the conditions.
We're supposed to be going to York Island on Friday, but the weather doesn't look good for a crossing (thunderstorms and 4 to 6 ft waves in the afternoon, anyone? Maybe not!)
If the storms are holding off, we can paddle in Bark Bay Slough tomorrow am if anyone wants to. Or we can go out today while it's still nice out. I'll probably paddle today, if anyone wants to come along! John and I had a lovely sail yesterday in the strong west winds.
So far, the weather looks good for 9 am, Friday June 4th, Meyer's Beach Sea Caves. We'll have a gentle paddle followed by coffee. Check back here Thursday night 9 pm to see if the marine forecast requires a change of location. Meyer's Beach requires a parking pass.
Please always look here on Thursday night for schedule updates. We'll check the marine forecast at 9 pm, and if winds or storms make the scheduled destination seem stupid, we'll change to a safer location (often Bark Bay, or possibly the Siskiwit Bay Coffee Shop), and post that new location here.
You can always add comments (and read comments) for each post by clicking on the comments link at the right of the post.